Compete Caribbean is a private sector development program from IADB that operates in 13 Caribbean countries and partnered with BPIAJ, the Business Process Association of Jamaica that represents a critical high employment sector in the country with international and national firms.
The challenge was twofold: devise future strategies for the companies in Jamaica both international and local within a sector in profound transformation and choose and mentor 10 companies to mentor help them scale up their services.
Competitiveness worked together with its Jamaican partner to:
- Devise differentiated strategies for international investors and smaller local players.
- Produce practical and attainable talent, fdi and ecosystem recommendations to produce the desired impact.
- Facilitated a jury selection of 10 companies to mentor based on their vision and capacities to grow.
- Mentored them both in strategy, using lean methodologies, and opportunities to obtain funding.
- We helped redefine the sector from Business Processes to Global Solutions with consensus from the sector.
- We produced a new strategic line for local players, packaged services, possible thanks to digitization.
- 10 companies were mentored and are now receiving strategic support.